Worxbee has been in the virtual game, attending virtual events since 2013. We also hold on-going virtual training and events for our team. As a result, we have learned more than a few best practices for attending virtual events, specifically conferences. Our Virtual Executive Assistants(VEAs) are also pros at putting together online events, so we know what it takes to be a good conference attendee as well! Read on to learn best practices from the Worxbee team:
- Get organized. Make sure to read-up on the event beforehand to know what to expect. Prep your work space in advance. (With most of us working virtually, this should be easy.) Download the video conference platform (if you don’t already have it), and make sure your webcam and computer audio are properly working. Finally, make sure to add the event to your calendar to make sure you are completely free.
- Share and promote the event. If it is a public event, share it with your industry and network! An easy way to do this is through Facebook groups and LinkedIn.
- Be interactive. Always keep your camera on! Speakers don’t like to speak to a crowd that’s half asleep. Make sure to answer and ask questions, share your advice and expertise, and be sociable with other attendees.
- Ask questions. Q & A is extremely important to any virtual conference or training. There is usually time set aside at the end, so make sure to keep a list of questions as they come up.
- Devote time to re-cap and study. Online conferences are usually recorded. Make sure to carve out time later in the week to review key points and important content.
By following these best practices, you’ll be ready for your next virtual conference!
Comments are closed.